Sunday, March 9, 2008

7 1/2 months

Well I guess they aren't kidding when they say that pregnancy lowers your immune system! This last month and my health have been a struggle. We went to PA this last week to search for a house and by the second day I was there I had to go the ER. With a bunch of tests they determined I had severe pneumonia and needed to be hospitalized right away. Needless to say they kept me in labor and delivery for 4 long days. (only a quarter of my lungs were working and I was pretty bad) I got discharged yesterday and we drove right home to MI since they said I couldn't fly for a while. I am still not well- but much better then early in the week. So I will keep taking my antibiotics and hopefully be well soon. I guess I have been fighting it for a few weeks but the Dr. here thought I had bronchitis. The good thing is that I loved the hospital and nurses that I was at. My main concern about moving was finding a hospital and dr for the baby but now I know where I would like to deliver. Also- that one day that I was able to house hunt with Kev we found the one that we fell in love with. So we are trying to work something out with the realtor right now. So hopefully all goes well with that.
They baby is doing well. The nurses took good care of me and I was in the labor and delivery unit so they knew what they were doing. They made sure I didn't go into preterm labor and they gave me 2 ultrasounds to check the baby. Baby K weighed in at 2 lbs 6 ounces which was right on target for my due date. It hasn't stopped moving since and the nurses commented on what an active baby I have- so we may have our hands full. =) While I laid in my hospital bed I got to listen to women being wheeled down the hallway screaming while in labor. Talk about giving me anxiety to have a baby! It sounded like a torture chamber out there!
I just wanted to say thanks to Kev for all your support this week. I know it put a dent in the week- but I appreciate your hospital visits and support. Hopefully this is the last illness we have to deal with this pregnancy cuz I know it's getting frustrating! But the good thing is the baby is still healthy and that's all I can ask for. I will post new pics soon- as soon as I get well. I will prob post my new ones in a week since I will be 30weeks then!
As always- thanks for checking in- and please pray that the remainder of this pregnancy remain healthy! I don't know how much more I can take!

1 comment:

ang said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. You are like me, sometimes just keep going! Gotta stop and relax! I miss talking to baby "K," come home soon so I can rub your belly! Luv you!